Get a taste for the delicious variety of Southern California's food scene and its key attractions during this 4-hour, small-group Hollywood food tour. This is a combination walking and driving tour. The first hour is a historic walking tour and the remaining three hours you'll be driven to various tasting stops, where the walking includes getting in and out of the van to the restaurants. A range of foodie delights get the the starring role during this culinary discovery of five different locales found along the Sunset Strip, Melrose and Hollywood. During the course of your excursion you'll visit out of the way favorites of area locals, catch glimpses of the iconic Hollywood sign and pass by the world-famous TCL Chinese Theater, all accompanied by informative narration from your guide. This small group food tour, limited to just 7 guests, also includes all tasting fees, bottled water and transport by van between sites.
Explore Hollywood on a sightseeing and food tour
Sample bites from multiple restaurants, ranging from local favorites to well-known hotspots
Listen as local guides share firsthand stories about Hollywood's rich history
A small group of no more than 7 ensures plenty of time to ask your guide questions and savor the food
Not available On ( July -August - October-November- December )
Departure & Return points:
All tasting fees
Transport by air-conditioned minivan including surround sound
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Guests following a gluten-free diet on the day of the tour will be charged a $15 surcharge for food substitutions
Taste the best that Los Angeles' Hollywood neighborhood has to offer as you explore five local eateries and pass the area's top sights on this combination walking and driving small-group food tour. Whether you're looking to see a different side of the glitz and glamour of Tinseltown, or simply in search of some tasty local eats, this tour has your name written all over it.
Start your food exploration at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, home to the first Academy Awards ceremony in 1929. Meet your guide at 10am outside the front doors of the hotel. The front doors are located on Hollywood Boulevard directly across from Madame Tussauds Wax Museum and La La Land Souvenir Shop.
Proceed on an exploration of a strip of interesting retail attractions along Melrose, where you'll get a chance to wander past some of the city's trend-setting boutiques and stop by the many gourmet cafes where the area celebs grab their power lunches. Head next to the famous Sunset Strip, a meeting place for rock and roll fanatics from around the world. A number of celebrated music venues, including the Viper Room and Whisky a Go Go, line its streets. Your guide, who happens to live in the area, will share amusing anecdotes about this famous thoroughfare's history and its many star-powered sightings.
Finish your tour after four hours of sightseeing and noshing, your belly full from some of the city's best local eateries and a chance to view a slice of daily life in the city's famous Hollywood neighborhood.
For a list of potential food stops included on the tour, check out the itinerary details below.
This is a combination walking and driving tour with a full hour of walking at the start of the tour to view all the important Hollywood landmarks by foot and for photo opportunities
• Loteria Grill: sample regional Mexican cuisines such as mini tacos, freshly made tortilla chips and salsa and aqua frescas.
• Grub Restaurant: this hidden gem is best known for their California-style comfort food. With big flavors and portions, you'll sample their award winning 'crack bacon' quesadillas, their signature tomato bisque and hand-squeezed blueberry lemonade.
• Mozza2go: owned by famed TV chef Mario Batali, here you'll sample one of their signature pizzas
• Greenblatt's Deli: opened since 1926, this Hollywood landmark is known for their delicious deli food and extensive wine collection. Sample a warm pastrami sandwich made on rye along with a Dr. Brown's Black Cherry soda. A favorite of movie stars past and present!
• John Kelly Chocolates: this family-owned chocolate shop, located in the heart of Hollywood, specializes in making truffle fudge. You will get a tour of their kitchen as well as taste their award-winning chocolates.
• Mashti Malone's Ice Cream Parlor: a staple in Hollywood for more than 30 years, Mashti Malone's is known for traditional and gourmet flavors. Only using natural ingredients, here you will get to try their many different flavors such as lavender, orange blossom, saffron, amongst other traditional flavors such as chocolate and vanilla.
• The Confection Co-op: A friendly family-owned Hollywood bake shop known for their variety of sweet treats from cookies to cupcakes to ice cream and more. Here you'll sample mini-cupcakes and a specialty beverage.Please note: Restaurants visited may vary based on day of the week and availability.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Know before you go
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a combination walking and driving tour. The first hour is a historic walking tour and the remaining three hours guests are driven to the various tasting stops, where the walking includes getting into and out of the van to the restaurants.
You are encouraged to eat a light breakfast on the morning of the tour as the first tasting is approximately 1.5 hours after the start of the tour
The tour requires a minimum number of passengers to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be cancelled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring you will be provided with an alternate option or full refund.
Maximum of 7 passengers per booking
Comfortable walking shoes are strongly advised
Restrooms are available at all restaurants on this tour
Please advise of any food allergies or dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements field at check out.
Guests following a gluten-free diet on the day of the tour will be charged a $15 supplement, to be paid in cash to the tour guide.
Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark