from $ 58 USD
Select Date and Travelers
Number of travellers
Abu Dhabi: Desert Safari with BBQ, Camel Ride & Sandboarding
OverviewExperience life in the desert at the end of the day on a 4WD safari from Abu Dhabi. Watch traditional dance shows, get the chance to ride a camel and enjoy an open buffet barbecue feast.
Escape the hustle and bustle of Abu Dhabi and experience life in the desert
Watch the sun set over the shimmering sands
Try traditional activities such as smoking a shisha pipe or getting a henna hand painting
Feast from an open buffet barbecue dinner
Experience the desert sands from the back of a camel
6 - 7 hours
Departure & Return points:
Pick-up from your Abu Dhabi City Central hotels, the port or airport in Abu Dhabi. Please note that pick-up will be within 30 minutes of your booked time. Any pick-up far from the city limits is available with an extra cost based on your location.
Pick-up and drop off from Abu Dhabi city hotels, airport, cruise terminals or city locations
Transportation by air-conditioned 4WD Land Cruiser
Camel farm stop
Unlimited mineral water and soft drinks
Shared traditional desert camp
Traditional Arabic dress (for photos)
Open buffet barbecue dinner (vegetarian & non-vegetarian)
Shisha pipe (free in the Shisha area)
Tanoura show and belly dancing
Quad bike and dune buggy activities in the desert
Pickup outside city location (available with extra cost)
ItineraryFollowing pick-up from your hotel, the port or airport in Abu Dhabi, journey by air-conditioned 4WD Land Cruiser to the desert just 45 minutes from the city center.
Take a ride across the sands on a dune-bashing adventure, experience what it is like to surf on sand with a sandboarding activity and visit a camel farm. Watch the sunset, and then go to a traditional camp to get a welcome coffee and dates.
Ride on the back of a camel and avail of entertainments such as henna painting, shisha pipe smoking or posing with a falcon in traditional costume. Feast from a buffet dinner as you watch tanoura and belly dance shows.
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Know before you go
• Please wear comfortable shoes
• Pick-up will be within 30 minutes of your booked time
• It is recommended not to eat 2-3 hours before the safari trip to avoid any vomiting / sickness during the dune bashing
• Tanoura dance and belly dance will not be available on 3rd & 20th April 2019, 6th, 22nd & 25th May 2019, 1st, 3rd & 5th June 2019, 10th,11th & 31st August 2019, 9th September 2019, 3rd, 9th & 30th November 2019 and 2nd December 2019 or any special Islamic days as per UAE law. Dates may vary as per the UAE law and season
• Infants (under 3 years old) are not allowed in the car during the dune-bashing activity
• Dune bashing is not allowed for pregnant women
• The tour duration includes the pickup and drop off
• Any damage, injuries sustained or items lost during the sandboarding or the optional quad bike are not covered by insurance and are solely the participant's responsibility